Sunday, September 3, 2017

The Dance On The Last Day Of Camp

Hello future readers!

I'm writing this entry from home because we took the bus back to Springfield this morning We really had a groovy time on our last day of camp. I came into the Rec Hall yesterday, and a few of the girls were already there decorating for our big dance. It looked kinda empty, 'cos Doug, (the boys' counselor) had come that morning to help Kerry move the furniture into the storage shed. I wanted to help, so I asked Kerry what I could do.




Just as I was asking Kerry how I could help, Bridget came running up all excited 'cos she found these cool tie-dye steamers in the craft cabin and asked Kerry if we could use them to decorate.




"Sure Bridget", Kerry said. "Those streamers will look terrific."
"Wow, those streamers are really far out", I said.
"Hey Julie, wanna help hang these streamers and balloons?"
"Far out! Let's get to work!"




"Hey Kerry, do you like the poster I made in Arts & Crafts for the dance?" Shante' asked.




"Super job!" Kerry told Shante'.




Well, pretty soon it was time for the dance to begin. The guys came over from Camp Wilderness and we just had ourselves a good time dancing to the music, and eating the yummy snacks (including our cookies.!), and enjoying the last day of camp! Even Mia and Velvet were there! Check it out!
































I hope you all enjoyed reading about both the girls and boys camps These past 2 weeks have sure been a groove! Today we all said good-bye to Camp Echo Hill and Camp Wilderness for another year. But at least I don't have to say good-bye to my friends. We'll all be back in Springfield, just in time for school to start next week. So I guess you'll hear from me then!





Until next time, future readers,
Your friend,
Julie Newman

13 comments:

  1. What a great way to end your time at camp! Looks like everyone had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Flo,

      Camp was great, but it sure is good to be home!

      Delete
  2. Hi Julie,
    The dance looks like it was great fun! Thanks for letting the boys contribute to your time capsule. It was fun to read about all the cool stuff they did as well. As the Bee Gees sang in 1976, "You should be dancing, yeah!"
    Your future friend,
    Fawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fawn. Camp was really super this year, for the boys as well as for us girls. But it's great to be home. I really missed my mom and Boomer.

      Delete
  3. Hey Julie and all the guys,
    It sure was fun reading all about both camps this year. It brought back great memories of when I attended two summers ago. Did you dance the twist to Chubby Checker? I like that dance but sometimes all that twisting gives me a pain in my side.
    From Command Base Falling Waters,
    KEF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Turkey,

      Yeah, the guys still talk about the summer you came to Springfield to go to camp with them. That was pretty fun, wasn't it? We didn't play any 50s music like on :Happy Days", but groovy stuff like Michael Jackson, KC & The Sunshine Band, The DeFranco Family....stuff like that.

      Delete
  4. Hi Julie,
    Tell Mia and Velvet, my rafting buddies, that I say Hi!
    Row, row, row your boat,
    Vivienne

    ReplyDelete
  5. This so reminds me of my days in camp. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They had a dance when you went to camp too? Outta site!

      Delete
  6. That looks like a great dance! So glad you had fun at camp. It was neat to see both sides of the lake. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the dance was pretty far out, and I know the guys had fun telling everyone about what they do at camp.

      Delete
    2. I bet. Guys are still like that in the future. (giggles)

      Delete