Friday, September 1, 2017

A Little Archery, A Little Football

Uh...hi future readers!

I'm Kyle Lewis.  For today's camp activity, we're gonna practice archery.





This thing on my back is called a quiver. It holds arrows that we shoot at this target with this thing called a bow.





If any of you have ever seen a cowboys and Indians movie or maybe even a Robin Hood movie, you've probably seen these before. The rest of the guys are headed this way, so we can get on with archery practice.

"My turn first!", I said.








"OK, so I didn't get a bullseye, but at least I hit the target."

"My turn next!" said Jason.





"Not too bad." he said.





"All right, I'm up next!" Danny was all excited.











"Hey mine is right next to yours Kyle."

"OK finally it's my turn!" Marc said.






"OUTTA SITE!" he yelled!





"Holy smokes! Marc got a bullseye!", I said kinda surprised.
"Hey look at that! Super job, Marc!" Danny told him, slapping him on the back.
"Grooviest shot of the day!", said Jason said.
"Thanks fellas", Marc said smiling.

I bet you all are wondering why we're wearing our numbered jerseys, huh? Well, we all decided we  wanted to play a little football after archery practice today. So Doug took the quiver and arrows and moved the target so we could play.

"OK you guys ready?", Marc asked.






"We're ready already!" Jason said.





"OK, since me and Danny won the coin toss in our cabin, we've got the ball first. GO LONG!"






"I got it!", I yelled.

I caught the ball and went out for a pass.





Danny got that one. When he threw it,  Jason tried to dive for the ball.





We had a really good time tossing the pigskin around. When we play football at home in Springfield, usually some of the girls wanna play, which wouldn't be so bad if they actually knew how to play. When we offer to teach them, they say something like, "We changed our minds. We don't wanna play that old boys game.  C'mon, let's go play dolls". Girls! 

Anyway, I gotta get back to the game future folks! This is our last entry about our camp. We hope you all liked seeing the way us guys do things.  But you'll see us soon.....at the dance!





So long, future readers,
From your buddies,
Danny Campbell
Jason Gerard
Kyle Lewis
Marc Ellerbee

9 comments:

  1. That's so cool! I love archery, myself, and the sound when an arrow hits the center of the target is always really satisfying. Looks like you had fun too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sar, this is Kyle. I think Marc had the most fun doing archery 'cos he got a bullseye!

      Delete
  2. Hi Kyle,
    7 was my son's number when he played Little League baseball. As he grew up and played other sports he always requested the number 7. Now he is an adult and coaches soccer. His son carries on the tradition with 7 on his soccer jersey.
    From the future,
    Fawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fawn,

      I like the number 7 'cos a lot of people say it's lucky. It's cool that your son likes it too. I've heard of soccer because of Pele'. I guess more people are playing it in the future. Outta site!

      Delete
  3. I have always wanted to learn archery. It looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was fun. I think it would be cool to have my own bow and arrow, but my dad won't let me.

      Delete
  4. Hi, Kyle! Xyra said her favorite camp activity was always archery. Looks like you guys did pretty well, not too many off target. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melody, this is Kyle. Archery is pretty cool. At least we didn't have too many arrow sticking up out of the grass like lawn darts!

      Delete