Saturday, March 19, 2016

The Pinchers

Hello future readers!

I hope everyone had a groovy St. Patrick's Day! I know I did. Lemme tell you how it started out...

On Thursday, at school, some of us were on the playground before the line-up bell rang. And everyone was wearing green.












And then Jennifer walked onto the playground, and she wasn't wearing any green! She was wearing an orange dress.



She walked over to the slide and said hi to Sunny and Robyn.




Jennifer: "Hi Sunny, hi Robyn."
Sunny: "Hey Jennifer."
Robyn: Hi Jen. Why aren't you wearing any green?"
Jennifer: "Oh I forgot today was St. Patrick's Day."
Sunny: "Better be careful, Jen. Someone might pinch you!"
Jennifer: "Oh come on. Only babies do that. Nobody does that stuff in the 4th grade."
Robyn: "I dunno Jennifer. Maybe you better borrow my green hair ribbon."
Jennifer: "Thanks anyway Robyn, but I don't think I'll be needing it."

Sunny went over to join the boys in their tether ball game, and Robyn came over to the monkey bars where I was.



Sunny: "Hey guys, I'm playing too, OK?
Jason: "Sunny did I just hear you say Jennifer isn't wearing green?"
Sunny: "Yeah I did. But don't do anything dumb, Jason."
Danny: "Hey Jason, you're up."



Jason started giggling.
Kyle: "Hey man, what's so funny?"
Jason: "Jennifer isn't wearing any green!"
Sunny: "JASON!"

When Kyle heard that, he ran over to Jennifer.


When Jennifer said hi to Kyle, he said to her:
"You're not wearing any green and I'm gonna PINCH YOU!"
Jennifer screamed and took off running.



It wasn't too long before Danny and Jason started chasing Jennifer too.





When they ran past me and Robyn towards the bleachers, I asked Robyn what was going on.





Robyn: "The boys are chasing Jennifer, 'cos she's not wearing green today, and they wanna pinch her!"
Oh no! I knew I had to do something, so I grabbed my book bag, and pulled something out of it.




I ran after them and the caught up with them by the slide.
Me: "You turkeys better knock it off and quit chasing Jennifer!"
Jason: "Why should we listen to you, Miss Smarty Pants?"
Me; "Because I have this!"
I held up a green pinback button that said "Irish For A Day" and handed it to Jennifer.









Jeniifer: "Thanks Julie. Now you wise guys can't chase me anymore."
Danny: "Awww...man!"
Jennifer pinned the button to her dress.
Bridget: "Right on Julie!"
Robyn and Sunny came running over.
Robyn:"Hey, way to go, Julie!"
Sunny: "Haha! Yeah! Later for you goofballs!"
The boys just grumbled.
Kyle: "Oh give us a break, we were only playing around."
Danny: Yeah, why do you girls gotta gang up on us?"
Me: "Well, it's a dirty job, but somebody has to do it! And if you really wanna chase us that badly, how about a game of tag?"
Everyone: "YEAH!"



And next time, future readers, I have some exciting news! So stay tuned!

Until then,
Your friend,
Julie Newman

14 comments:

  1. How fun. My dad pinched me, but I pinched him back cause I was wearing green. He just didn't see it. That was sweet of you to lend Jennifer the pin.
    Melodie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think Jennifer thought it was much fun! *giggle* The boys are just lucky that we're all friends. If it were anybody else, they might have gotten creamed!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. You have a really nice schoolyard. The co-ops I go to are always at churches, so they have playgrounds for the little kids. I always liked to play on them.
      Melodie

      Delete
    4. A co-op is classic s for homeschoolers to go to once a week. It's so homeschoolers can have social interaction.
      Melodie

      Delete
    5. A co-op is A Class for homeschoolers. Sorry, I messed up when I typed it.
      Melodie

      Delete
  2. Hee hee, pin to the rescue! I thought for sure Jennifer was going to point out that orange was a color in the Irish flag as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is? I'm not sure Jennifer knew that. I know I didn't. Thanks Flo. But somehow I don't think that would have mattered to the boys!

      Delete
  3. Looks like you all had a good time. I love your playground!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. We think it's pretty groovy. The slide and the see-saw are kinda new. We only got them a little over a year ago. They make our playground so much more fun!

      Delete
  4. Hi Julie,
    I'd like to see what the boys would have done if Jennifer's pin had said "Kiss Me, I'm Irish!"
    Fawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I know what they would have done! They would have all said "EWWWWWW", and kept running...away from Jennifer!

      Delete