Sunday, September 8, 2013

The Last Day Of Summer Vacation

Hello future readers,

Well, I've been home from camp for a week. I've been telling my mom about all the fun things I did, and about my new friend Cheryl. I know her family is busy with moving and all, but I hope she writes soon.

Anyway, today is the last day of summer vacation! BOOOO! Why is the school year so long, and summer vacation is so short? Is it like that in the future? To finish off the summer with a bang, my friend Lisa's mom took me and Lisa (OK, Lisa and I), to the beach today! That's the one thing I haven't done all summer. Springfield doesn't have a beach, just a lake, so we had to drive a ways to get there. As soon as we were all set up, Lisa and I ran down to the water and put our toes in to see how cold it was.



And man was it cold! We decided to go build a sandcastle instead. Lisa made the big part at the bottom, and I made the smaller part on the top. I was very careful not to knock down the whole thing.  I think we did a pretty good job.



After our castle was finished, we went further down the beach, where there wasn't so many people, and played a game of Frisbee.


It was lotsa fun! Lisa kept diving for the Frisbee and got a mouth full of sand! We were so tired after all that running around, that we wanted to rest a while and work on our tans.



Lisa's mom warned us not to lay out too long, or we'd get burned to a crisp! We were getting pretty hungry, so Mrs. Lawrence treated us to hot dogs, sodas, and ice-cream bars! Far out! We listened to Lisa's radio while we ate our lunch.





"Summer Breeze...makes me feel fine..."






It was a really groovy day...the perfect way to end summer vacation. I hope future kids get to take off once in awhile and just enjoy all the things that make being a kid fun, like going to the beach, going to summer camp, hanging out with good friends, going to the drive-in movies, eating ice-cream, and bike riding. I'm kinda sad summer's over, but I guess I am looking forward to Fall and starting school.



Until next time, future readers,
Your friend,
Julie Newman

No comments:

Post a Comment