Sunday, September 15, 2013

A Day Of Surprises!

Hello future readers!

Well, this past Monday was the first day of school. And all kinds of far out things happened that day. The first great thing I found out about is that Susan and Raychel were staying in Springfield! It turns out that the jobs their fathers had in Arizona didn't work out. They're still gonna stay with their aunt and grandma until their parents can move back here, but that's great news! The other cool thing happened out on the playground before school. We were all playing before the line-up bell rang.



                                           










All of a sudden, Danny runs up to me and asks who the new girl who just walked onto the playground was.





Holy Toledo! I couldn't believe my eyes! It was Cheryl! My friend from camp!



I hugged her and I asked her why she didn't write and say that this is where she was moving to. She told me she wanted it to be a surprise!, OK, so I'm surprised! Sunny was surprised too. The Red Robins were back together again! Cheryl said she was in Miss LaSalle's class! Outta site! I was in her class again this year!

Just then the line-up bell rang and Miss LaSalle and Mrs. Johnson came out. Here comes surprise number 3! The other 4th grade teacher, Mrs. Alden left our school to have a baby, so Mrs. Johnson was taking over her class. And Mrs. Taylor was taking over the music class, (as well as Art and Baton Club). I've never had Mrs. Alden, but from what the other kids say, she's pretty strict, and Mrs. Johnson was much nicer. So we lined up to go inside.


Robyn and Raychel were in our class this year. Stephanie and Crissy were in Mrs. Johnson's class. I was gonna miss Stephanie sitting next to me in class, but we'd still see each other.


After we got inside, Miss LaSalle introduced Cheryl to the rest of the class. I thought that was pretty funny, since the only one who didn't know her from camp was Danny, but Miss LaSalle didn't know that.





Miss LaSalle said Cheryl could sit next to me and that all of us should help her get the hang of things. Far out!



Then we had to take out our notebooks, because Miss LaSalle said we had to write about what we did over summer vacation.







Is there some kind of law that says kids have to write about what they did over summer vacation as soon as they get back to school? Do you have to write this stuff in the future too?

Later, Cheryl, Danny and I were walking home from school together. She just lives 2 blocks away! This was gonna be a super school year! I'm so glad Cheryl moved to Springfield. We're gonna have a dynamite time together!



Until next time, future readers,
Your friend,
Julie Newman

1 comment:

  1. What a story! Love it. Good to hear that first day at school turned out well. Hope the rest of the year will be that way too....

    ReplyDelete