Friday, December 7, 2012

My new Christmas dress!

Hi future readers!

I'm still kinda down about Susan and Raychel moving away, so I've been sitting in my room listening to music. Last week I recorded a bunch of David Cassidy and Partridge family songs by holding my tape recorder up to the television. I don't have any money for his latest album, since Christmas is coming and I'm buying my mom a new blouse. It's the first time I'm buying her a present all by myself! I can't wait to surprise her!



LIstening to David's dreamy voice usually makes me feel better when I'm down, but it hasn't been working that well. (sigh) My mom knows how bummed out I've been lately, so today she came in my room with a surprise! She went downtown to the department store while I was at school and bought a new Christmas dress for me!


Isn't it pretty? It's got red jewels near the neck, a shiny belt and a matching headband. My mom says I really needed a new Christmas dress and this year it's gonna get used a lot! My class is going on a field trip to see "The Nutcracker", and we have to get dressed up. Then there's the Christmas concert at school, and of course, our annual Christmas party. I'm really gonna look outta site! It's fun to get all dressed up, especially at Christmas time.

I will admit, this cheered me up a little bit, and is giving me something else to think about besides Susan and Raychel. They're coming over for one last slumber party tomorrow night.  On one hand, that's good, because we always have so much fun when they sleep over. On the other hand, it's kinda bad, 'cos it's our last one. (sigh again). Well, I'll try not to think about that right now. It's almost time for The Brady Bunch, (that's a TV show), so I gotta go now.

Until next time, future readers!
Your friend,
Julie Newman

2 comments:

  1. That dress is awesome, I bet it looks great on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo! I grew up in the 1970s, too, and I so remember having to record music by holding the tape recorder up to the tv! :-) And of course someone had to barge in at the wrong moment and ruin your record - arrgh!!

    I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete