Thursday, December 20, 2012

Good-bye Susan and Raychel/The Nutcracker`

Well future readers,

Today is the day Susan and Raychel moved away. Even though I'll miss them, I'm not as sad as I thought I would be. We promised to write and call all the time. And who knows? Maybe someday, they'll be back to Springfield for a visit. We took one last picture together before I left for school. Don't they look nice in their Christmas dresses?


I'm glad we had our class field trip to see The Nutcracker, to take my mind off my friends going away. My mom came along as one of the parent helpers. We took a school bus to the Springfield Civic Auditorium. There was a big inflatable Santa in the lobby. He was almost as tall as I am!



We have a new girl in our class named Lisa. She's very nice. Miss LaSalle made me her "buddy" for the day so she could get used to things. Wow, is she lucky she started school on a field trip day! I sat next to her on the bus. She used to live in Florida, but her family moved here to help take care of her grandmother, who's been sick. My mom took a a picture of us together. I think she's really pretty.

 
 
The show was really good! I really liked the dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy the best. All the costumes were so beautiful, and the Mouse King looked kinda scary! After the show, my friend Sunny and I bought Nutcracker ornaments to hang on our trees.
 
 
 
I just love Sunny's Chtristmas dress! It looks almost like the clothes The Partridge Family wears when they sing! Isn't it groovy?
 
So even though today was a sad day, it was a fun day, too. I made a new friend and saw a great show! And Christmas is next week! All right! My mom and I have some more shopping to do and then we're having our tree trimming party!
 
 
Until next time, future readers,
Your Friend,
Julie Newman 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about your friends leaving!
    Crissy and Abby
    You got a new doll!
    ~Dollygirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow, Lisa is so pretty!
    If you do write, be sure to post them here!
    Lisa seems so nice, I'm sure you will be great friends!

    ReplyDelete